Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Halloween!! Just in time forThanksgiving!



Originally I wanted Taeli to be a turtle for halloween becasue I thought it would be funny to see a little crawling turtle on the floor (I know you just pictured that and laughed like I did) BUT My crazy girl was already well on her way to full on walking so I was thinking a bunny... Ya know a fluffy tutu with a tail and little ears with pink bows on them (adorable I know) HOWEVER I found a Peacock costume on Pinterest (addicted) which just happened to sport a pair of random orange tights with white polka dots from Gymboree that I already owned, ( I know who actually owns orange tights with white polka dots?) WELL the answer is ME!! I was sold. I needed to make a Peacock costume and the cutest one on earth at that! The hunt was on. Thanks to pinterest, etsy (addiction #2) and a few other blogs PLUS my own creative genius (its the only time I can claim genius) the worlds cutest peacock was born. I totally accepted the fact that the feathers where going to drive her crazy and the costume would be short lived but I didn't care! Fortunatly Halloween provided enough noise and visual stimulation that she forgot the feathers and had a great time!



This was my favorite pic and showed the costume the best. It was the end of the night but she was still going strong!
We went to the Gammons with our cousins Bailey and Shadi and had a fantastic evening. All three girls were just the cutest Trick-or-Treaters ever. (seriously EVER) I though Taeli wouldn't be into it but boy was I WRONG! She watched as the two big girls started trotting up to a house and to her amazement she got to go too!! OH if you could have seen the joy in her 10 month old little face, or should I say body because her happiness is a full body experience. She giggled and screeched and (while holding my fingers) ran as fast as those little legs would go! It was like she was running a baby marathon and enjoying every moment of it! Shadi was so cute she would come up to every door with us and announce " This is my cousin Taeli" or "This is Taeli, my cousin" and then hold her bag out for a second piece of candy. It was awesome. Door after door Taeli ran her little body up to get a piece of the action. She knew we where collecting something and watched intently as candy was placed in her bag. She lasted as long as the big girls, only getting tired at the end of the road.



We all went back and as tradition fallows we sat on the front lawn passing out candy to the other kids that came by and enjoying the spoils of our evening. Taeli watched everyone pull candy of the bags and start eating it and caught on pretty quickly. She pulled all her candy out and bit each piece (wrapper on) only to be displeased with the taste of plastic wrapping. She tried every one and then went on the hunt for anything sans wrapper. I did relent and give her some pixi stix.

It was a great night of family and fun and I would say a costume success :)

1 comment:

nbrawley said...

love the costume!!!

Niki