Saturday, November 1, 2008

Soy Sauce Jello, Samurai stylist and No Sleep

Ok so this weekend i went to the Texas Beauty Show out in Dallas. It was the first time since we have been married that Brett and I have been apart for longer than..... a few hours ;) I shed a few glistening tears while laughing and getting into the car because seriously.... Dallas is only an hour away. We are too spoiled to each other.
So i drove to Dallas all by my self (YEA!!!!) I did pretty good getting there. Only one wrong turn at a gas station where i gave 10 bucks to a poor old guy. He looked sad and I'm too nice.
Anywho, I survived driving to Dallas finding the hotel and even went to the gym there! Then i spent the next three days walking back and forth from two platforms getting models ready for some insane hair cuts and wishing my feet would just go numb! It was totally weird to be away from Brett and stay with people i had never even met! My room mate was from Miami and was super nice. She helped me survive.
The first night after the show we went to a sushi bar... and i ate it!! Raw Tuna, I decided it tasted like Soy Sauce Jello. lol. Sounds gross but it was yummy! Then i tried chicken meatballs and some crazy chicken on a stick....
Tuesday i learned just how posh Dallas can be. I saw some CRAZY salons. There is this new one called Muse, OMG i have never felt so intimidated in my whole life. The only way to describe it was "chic" and...gay lol. I think everyone that worked there was either gay or should be praised for amazing hair talent. There was one asian guy (i think his name was Dat) and he looked like a samurai stylist. He had a shaved head except for the back part that went down to his shoulder. He should be in a movie! Howard from Unite, the company i went out there to work for,ght me how to teach classes so i can go back out there and be an Educator... Need some hair product? I got you covered! Im practicing my classes on my own salon this week so i wont look like a moron next time i go out there!
Since i was already in Dallas i went and did a session at the Temple that i think i mostly slept through and scored a phone number for my brother in law. Hope that works out for him! ;P I got back pretty late but it was sooooo nice to come back and smell that nice sweet home smell and take a shower in my beautiful bathtub and sleep in my sideways bed. We turned our bed sideways cause it dipps in the middle and i fall into it...then Brett hits me in his sleep for being too close(which is actaully funny).
It tooke me till Thursday to feel normal agian. I was so tired ill tell what i did all way Wednesday. 10am wake up 11am eat breakfast at MiMi's Cafe 12:30 go to sleep 4pm do a hair cut then go to target 10pm go back to sleep and wake up at 10am Thursday feeling like a human.
I learned A LOT ate sushi, stayed awake too long, drove to much and now LOVE being home. :) Hows that for a crazy week!
xoxo

5 comments:

will, jess, gabbie, kensie, cambrie... said...

adrianne, i noticed that you are a follower of our blog, that is so fun! i didn't know that ya'll had a blog! that is awesome! how is married life? we will be there soon...like in a couple months. we will have to get together. sound good?

Dream Until Your Dreams Come True said...

Hey hon! Married life is so fun. We love it! Im pretty new to the blog thing but im getting better! Give us a call when ya get into town! I think will has Brett's number, if not we're in six ward so ill give it to ya!

Nancy said...

Hello Adrianne! Nice to find you in the blogging world! I love reading about you and Brett! I also want you to know that you've been tagged! Read my blog to find out what to do next!

Unknown said...

Hahaha that is funny about the bed because when Cameron and I were first married we had a bed like that that dips in the middle.. soo annoying! Now we use it as a guest bed. I'm glad that you two have a blog.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah I remember the first time Cameron and I were away from each other for very long--Cameron was the Scoutmaster in our old ward and he would go on overnighters with the scouts. Very sad!I understand your pain!